- The Olive Bonsai will grow in full shade to full sun, but the more light it has the more dense its foliage will be.
- The Olive Bonsai can be kept indoors during the winter months. However, they are quite hardy to colder conditions.
- Fertilize your Olive Bonsai once every two weeks during the growing season, spring until fall. We recommend using a bonsai fertilizer.
- To water your bonsai, soak it in a sink or container of water up to the trunk for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then allow it to drain. If top watering your bonsai, water, wait a few minutes, and water again. Repeat this several times to insure that your bonsai has received a thorough watering.
- Pruning - The clip-and-grow method is very successful with this species. However, wiring can be done but care is recommended as some branches are brittle.